Halloween is around the corner, are you ready for the holiday? Costumes and candy are what the holiday is all about, but you may want to keep a few things in mind to keep the ghoulish festivities from turning into a real nightmare.
- Watch out for trick-or-treaters while you are driving tonight. Swerving to avoid all the people running around on the streets and neighborhoods is a real concern. Make sure that you slow down and be prepared to slam on the brakes if someone jumps into the road.
- Kids and their parents will be running around all night, but you could be held liable if someone hurts themselves on your property. Your home policy includes coverage for people hurt on your property under the liability section, but keeping pathways well lit can avoid these type of claims.
- Treats are a big part of Halloween, and so are tricks. If you are the victim of some holiday pranks, then rely on your home and car policies to clean up the vandalism.
- Everyone loves spooky candles and lighting for decorations, but these can pose serious fire hazards. Be careful around lit decorations and keep a fire extinguisher close at hand in the event that something catches fire.
- Some decorations can be expensive and, therefore, a target for thieves. All the commotion around the holiday can be an invitation to burglars, so make sure your belongings are adequately covered from theft.
Here is our holiday checklist to keep you safe this October 31st: (more…)